Lately I have been receiving quite a few compliments that I thought that I would pass on to you. Some are silly, strange, or sweet. I hope you all enjoy your Christmas compliments! Be encouraged.
When a boy was asked if he knew who I was, he replied: "She's has an interesting look." I know it sounds a little demeaning, but I took it as a compliment, as all of you should. I have never wanted to look boring or just like everybody else so I am glad to be interesting.
One girl walked by me on one of my vintage outfit days and said: "You look like you should be in a magazine." Now if you have trouble thinking of compliments, this is a lovely one! Pass it on.
Here a few from my best friend on my birthday:
"You look good wearing green"
"I am an obese piece of corn"
"Your hair is like Arby's curly fries."
"Will you drink chai with me when we are 91?"
"Every time I eat a banana I think of you and your loving spirit."
"You will be the best gma in the world."
"You are obsessed with cottage cheese."
"Thanks for being my bud."
Ok so not all of those were compliments, but at least they were funny.
Take a moment to soak in these thoughts about how God has created you.
"13For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. 14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well. 15My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 16Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them."
Psalm 139:13-14
Every one of you was made in His image, carefully formed for His glory. He knows everything about you and loves you perfectly. I hope that you are not only encouraged by those around you, but that you look to your Savior to find your worth. You are His beloved.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
No comments:
Post a Comment